- Never walk while speaking on your cell phone.
If you need to make a call, stop into a safe environment, put your back to a wall.
- Don't walk on the street with headphones.
You can't hear someone coming up behind you.
- Always have your keys in your pocket as you approach your door.
Don't be that girl that has to fish for her keys!
- Carry some sort of "weapon" on your keychain.
Whether it is a whistle, flashlight, personal alarm, it is ready to use!
- If you choose to carry pepper spray practice how to use it.
First using a weapon in the time of a crisis is not the time to learn.
- Always open doors using your shoulder, look who is behind you.
Never have your back to anyone!
- Never stand in the back of the elevator trapping yourself.
Stand near the buttons where you are in control.
- Try to consolidate your bags into one big bag.
Always keep your hands free to use.
- Walk with one hand in your pocket.
Bad guys don't know if you have weapon ready to use.
- Pay Attention, make eye contact.
If you let them know "I see you" you are telling them I can pick you out of a line-up.
- Do not be afraid to use your VOICE.
It is the best weapon you have!
- If someone mugs you for your wallet, jewelry, bag:
Always throw it passed them so they turn to get it and you can run the other way.
- If someone wants to buy you a drink, keep it in the clear.
White wine, clear cocktails, Corona’s are hard to drop drugs in undetected.